Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day -5: My Technical Side

July 19, 2011 - Today I indulged my technical side...no smirking, please. This morning was spent feverishly updating websites, checking my e-mail, and updating the various devices that will be used for the trip; the MiFi and the TomTom.

I had the whole house to myself with the three cats that wanted more attention than I could possibly give them. The quiet was nice for a little while, but it got weird after a couple of hours. No matter how much I say I love peace and quiet, I can't stand long periods of it for some reason.

In the evening I helped work on the truck. If you read my post from yesterday you would know that I was feeling out of place by only working on small projects. Today, I'm happy to say that I actually felt like part of the group instead of doing my own thing.

The truck required new shocks and needed airbags (not the one that goes "poof", but rather the ones that help relieve the stress on the back suspension). Not a stranger to grime and muck, I dove in to help out. A scraped knuckle and and greasy warpaint on my face was my ultimate reward; and I was glad.
A short nap and back to work again. We have so much to do and obviously so little time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Top Menu