Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day -1: Packing and the Final Things; Part Two

July 23, 2011 - With all of my packing completed; it's now time to focus on getting the trailer ready. This involves less time than it sounds like. The trick is to get it done quickly and efficiently, otherwise it will need to be done again.

I still have some basic things to complete tomorrow. Haircut is definately on the top of my list. My hair has grown out and started to become uncomfortable. Anytime that I have to brush my hair after a shower means my hair is way too long.

I also need to pickup the printed maps from the printer tomorrow as well. While we have a TomTom, those cool talking maps that tell you to "turn right, 500 yards. Turn right now!" we figured it would be a good idea to have a backup. The only problem is that after a week into the trip, we don't have any time frames. In essence, this means that the maps may become obsolete rather quickly.

Bruce told me today that we may not leave until Tuesday, in which case, my numbered post system doesn't work very well. I'll figure something out, I always do. In that case, I have more time to ensure we are completely packed and ready to go while Bruce finishes up his things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Top Menu