Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 000: Tetris Revisited

July 26, 2011 - So, some followers may have caught on that I've been posting from Day Zero for a couple of days now. Well, it looks like tomorrow I can start writing about a trip because we will be leaving in the morning.

This morning we worked on finalizing the trailer, a relatively simple task involving driving by at twenty-five miles per hour and switching on the trailer brakes. It took a couple of passes to get the trailer set up properly and everything working safely.

After that, it was time to load the trailer. Let me first start off by saying that I will NEVER play a game of Tetris again for as long as I live. Additionally, I have had the theme song from the game playing in my head the whole entire day. We spent hours packing the trailer; trying to get as much things in while keeping some semblance of order. I have to admit that towards the end, I was putting stuff in with little or no semblance of order except for what was going on in my head.

Sadly, I don't know how I ended up packing the majority of the items. Bruce probably used some Jedi Mind Trick or something. All I know is that I know where everything is...he doesn't. Hmmm, maybe I can use that to my advantage.

All joking aside, tomorrow we leave; and while I look forward to the trip with my buddy; I know that it means that at the end of the trip I come back alone, leaving my one of my best friends and my battle buddy in the Lower 48 for a year or so.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Top Menu